Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tomato Gnocci Dish

Six years ago today, my husband asked me to be his girlfriend. =)  I remembered a few days ago, but I was very busy at work today and completely forgot. He cleaned the house, went grocery shopping, and made dinner (tasks that fall to me 95% of the time).  He made this yummy meal tonight that doesn't really have a name:

 He's not one for measuring, so it was just eyeballed. Here's my best estimate:

1 1/4 c. gnocci (measured dried)
1/2 pint of grape tomatoes
1/4 c. sundried tomatoes (in oil), sliced
1/4 c. mozzarella & prosciutto, chopped (he bought a "loaf" of mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto at Wal-mart)
3 Tbsp dried basil (*fresh would be better)
Good extra virgin olive oil

Boil gnocci until they float to the top of the water, about 3 minutes, then drain and rinse with cool water. Add remaining ingredients to medium size mixing bowl. Coat with olive oil. Refrigerate. Serve cold.

This serves two people with no leftovers, which is much more economical for us because we usually let our leftovers go bad...

It was good and the best part was I didn't have to make it or clean up after it! =)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment