Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

At only 50-some degrees today, we were in a fallesque mood to make something pumpkin. Pie it is!

I wish I took a picture of a slice of this pie with whipped cream and cinnamon on top... but we took it to a friend's house, so I didn't want to take pictures there.

This was the recipe on the back of the Libby's Pumpkin Puree can, but I added a little extra spices. I used a storebought graham cracker crust and have enough filling left over to make 2 more pies. Overall, I love this recipe. It tastes perfect and it's a cinch to make. I especially loved the compliments from our friends that it was the best pumpkin pie they'd ever had. Yay! The only thing that I didn't like (at first) was how runny the batter is. I guess it's supposed to be like that because it turned out great!

1  29oz can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling! They're different products.)
2  12.9 cans of evaporated milk
4 large eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or make your own)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon   (these three + cloves are all in pumpkin pie filling

Pour into 2 graham cracker crusts. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 for 45 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve warm or refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment