Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nameless Shrimp Dish

Hello Readers! Hooray for Saturday! This was what I made last night:
I ran into a friend of mine a few weeks ago at Kroger and she gave me this idea. I decided to give it a whirl last night. It was pretty simple to make and relatively cost effective if you make a simple side. You'll need:

1 bag frozen shrimp (I used peeled, deveined, precooked cocktail shrimp at 51-60 count)
2 cans (14 oz each) diced tomatoes, any variety (I used one fire roasted and one basil and garlic)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pinch crushed red peppers
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 c cream cheese (optional)
olive oil

3 c. panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp chopped or dried parsley
1 small package feta cheese
pepper

Preheat oven to 375. In large skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic for a couple of minutes, careful not to burn. Add tomatoes, spices, and shrimp. Simmer 15 minutes. Add cream cheese, if desired.

In medium bowl, mix the bottom group of ingredients. Pour shrimp and tomatoes into ungreased 13x9 glass baking dish. Pour bread crumb mixture on top. Bake for 15 minutes, until topping is browned. A lot of the liquid will evaporate, so don't worry if it's runny going into the oven.

I made couscous to go with it. Salad or steamed green beans would be great, too!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment